Friday, September 14, 2012

bribery

Chase has been very reluctant to work on his reading and writing.  He gets in angry mode and is quite a handful, making it a huge chore to even review letters and sounds. 

The other day I was trying to get him to work on his next reading lesson.  He got angry and raised his voice a few times saying that he didn't want to do it. 

I was trying to think of some way to bribe him.  Thankfully he came up with a plan for me. 

He said, "mom, you help me cut the Iris' and I will do my lesson."  I was completely speechless and almost forgot to respond. 

With an evil grin I said, "okay we will do your lesson first, then I will help you cut the Iris'." 
I have never seen him so excited to do homework before. 

Of course, we all know that I was still doing the majority of the yard work. But, if that's what it takes to get him to cooperate, I am all for it.  

What a little weirdo that loves doing yard work, love my boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails