Monday, October 4, 2010

Capturing Autumn


I cried over beautiful things knowing no beautiful thing lasts.
~Carl Sandburg~


Autumn is a second spring when ever
y leaf is a flower.
~Albert Camus
~


Winter is an etching, spring a wat
ercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.
~Stanley Horowitz
~


Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
~George
Eliot~


Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.
~Carol B
ishop Hipps~


We took a little excursion up Butterfield Canyon to enjoy each other and the loveliness of a Utah Autumn.
Autumn is my favorite of the seasons. It is my favorite time to reminisce on old memories, as well as to make new ones.
Nothing says autumn like gorgeous views and smiles on everyone's faces.







I loved Chase's posture as he looked down to the valley below. He actually pushed pause on his busy little body for a few seconds.





We took them to the Bingham Copper Mine overlook.
Although the mountainside is scarred by the evidence of man-made machinery, there is a strange beauty about it. Mankind's need for elements that only the Earth can give. Our Earth, openly showing treasures of its creation.


Bayli loved being surrounded by beauty and wanted to take pictures of everything, as though she didn't want to forget it. "Mom, give me the camera so I can take another picture of those trees over there."







As with any outdoor excursion, the kids are attracted to rocks, dirt, and hillsides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails