Friday, October 8, 2010

Century (+1) Woman

Whenever I am asked what woman has inspired me the most in my life, I always answer my Grandma Tilla.  Followed very closely by my own mother.  My Grandma is an amazing woman.  You can read about how she has inspired me hereShe is truly a woman of light.

woman of light
My wonderful Grandma celebrated her 101st birthday.  We had a Dixon Family get together at my parents house.  It was wonderful to see many of our relatives and reminisce about the good old days.  The celebration wasn't quite as grand as her 100th birthday.  But we still had a blast.  
 
The last ten or so years, my Grandma hasn't been so eager to snatch up the babies.  Those old bones get tired pretty fast.  But, she lovingly held onto little Lily.  I think they share the same wonderful light.  I hope that I can be at least half the mother and grandmother that my sweet Grandma Tilla is. 

We love you Grandma Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails